Saturday, March 27, 2010

Coot-tha Challenge

Last Sunday I rode in Bicycle Queensland's "BDO Coot-tha Challenge". This year the 80km route featured the new Clem7 tunnel, but of course the highlight was the timed climb of Mt Coot-tha. I didn't do too badly - I passed lots of people who were walking up! But then there were lots of exhausted people resting at the summit, and I kept riding. They'd obviously put a lot more effort in for a good time - maybe I should try harder next year!

There are photos here, password is 'qtri', search on my surname for pictures of me. There's also a slide show of images from the ride.

3 comments:

Geoff said...

Top effort! that's about 80k's further than I could ride at the moment! ...hill climb link broken, but went to Bike week site and found results.. :) ceceel

Unknown said...

Link to results is fixed now.

Unknown said...

Geoff, you might surprise yourself! Loop the Lake appears to be your local mass hyster^W ride - looks like you just missed it this year. Lots of training time for next year's event!